Visit Cuba with the Cuba and Venezuela Solidarity Committee!
Join us on a journey of a lifetime to experience Cuba in this specially-tailored people-to-people visit in 2018.
There are two trips:
• June 23-July 2 in Havana and nearby provinces.
• July 20-30 in Santiago de Cuba and nearby provinces. (details after Apr. 15)
In both trips, for 10 days you will immerse yourself in Cuban society, culture and history as we visit museums, hear from local and national leaders, visit with neighborhood communities, workers and academics, tour historic sites, and enjoy the food and music. Begin a friendship with the people of Cuba, a country renowned for its culture and history!
9 nights, 10 days
All-inclusive cost includes:
• All hotel/transportation costs in Cuba, health insurance in Cuba, translation
• All Meals and gratuities
• All tours, lectures, activities, museum fees
• Dance & music performances
• Orientation session to help prepare beforehand
• Call 415-312-6042 for the cost of trip and details, or email email@example.com
• Visits to Historic museums: 1. Of the Revolution, 2. Literacy Campaign, 3. Fine Arts, and more
• New workers’ cooperatives & factory
• Che Guevara mausoleum/museum in Viilla Clara province & day excursion to the colonial-era town of Remedios
• Meet with political, community, cultural, women’s, youth and union leaders, academics, teachers, medical workers
• Tour of Old Havana
• Wonderful cuisine experiences
• Traditional cannon shot ceremony at San Carlos de la Cabaña fortress
• Share time with community youth group
• Free time for personal excursions
Gloria La Riva is a U.S. activist with a long and important friendship with Cuba, since her first trip in 1985. For 13 years she was coordinator of the National Committee to Free the Cuban Five, who are now home free in Cuba. She has organized many solidarity campaigns with Cuba.
Andrés Gómez, a Cuban born in Havana whose family came to the U.S. in the early 1960s, he has led major efforts to end the U.S. blockade and for normalization of U.S.- Cuba relations. He frequently lectures on Cuba’s rich culture and history.